Bug in IE, break your  lines up in the code like:

Item 2</li><li>

Or
<li>item 1
</li><li>item 2

I don't know about you guys but I'll be very glad when IE 7 or whatever they
call the next browser from Microsoft comes out. Or at least a major update
that would fix some of the silly error in IE 6. I could deal with the box
model difference. In fact I prefer the IE box model but having just one in
compliant browsers would be so nice, no matter which one was chosen.

Take a look at http://positioniseverything.net for some cross browser issues
and the css-d list wiki at http://css-discuss.incutio.com/

Cheryl D. Wise
Certified Professional Web Developer