Peter,

I could have done with knowing you when I was an H&S Rep.    Though,
frankly, I found those I represented were their own worst enemies on H&S.
Managers, mostly, would jump through hoops to avoid my going over their
heads!

That was public service though;   I heard a lot of horror stories from
private industry like, I think it was Johnson Mathey, where the smelters
expected to be severely burned at some time;  at least the company paid the
medical bills.

One of my characters, though, decided he would clear a blockage in a large
chipper with his heel.   He was in hospital for weeks!   That probably came
out of the pressure of bonus schemes.

Joseph Harris