Diane

I am getting quite a few of these too.   AVG tells me they all have viruses.
It is just another device of the nasty creatures that are trying either to
get your email address for their lists, or trying to lure you into giving
private (financial) information, or maybe take over your machine.

I think your best bet is to ignore it, hit delete, and empty your virus
vault or its equivalent every now and again.  The only stuff I bother to
block or blacklist now is the porn, since most of that seems to have an edge
of sadism (er...  I might need to rephrase that!).

What I do notice is that almost no address is safe from spamming.   Even
where you may not release it the spammers seem to take a guess at
combinations that are likely.   One I get now and again has a cc list of
names that may or may not be real all in the JH initial range.

>From the various discussions I don't think there is much you can do.   The
originators can completely hide their address I understand.

Spamcop may or may not help; the FBI in the US, Scotland Yard here and the
international police might slowly bring these characters to book, but there
are always others slipping in and out of the shadows.

It's the downside of cheap, easy communication from one side of the globe to
the other.

HTH

Joseph Harris