Steve,

I don't get a script error in IE or FF. It works in IE(6) fine for me, but FF does not. Looking at your script, in the function tallyUp(), you may try changing your element acquisition to use an eval...

instead of:
while (document.getElementById("singles" + i) != null)
        {
            i += 1;
        }
}

see if this does it:

do
{
   var currSingle = eval("singles" + i);
   document.getElementById(currSingle);

   i+=1;
}
while(document.getElementById(currSingle);

This forces the browser to evaluate your derived variable, which should get FF stepping in line. Of course to be able to eval it, you'll have to move your control logic to the end of the loop, which is what a do...while is good for.

hth,
Stephen

steve miller wrote:
Howard,

Could you possibly take a look at http://www.dinnys.com/create.html. This is a first shot at doing what you suggested, I think!
Please excuse the fact that things don't line up, but...

when I place a number in one of the four boxes in the second col, I get a script error that says that one of my ID'd boxes is not an object. It certainly is there on the page, but I must be referencing it wrong. Could you tell me what I did wrong?

Thanks,
steve

____ • The WDVL Discussion List from WDVL.COM • ____ To Join wdvltalk, Send An Email To: mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] or use the web interface http://e-newsletters.internet.com/discussionlists.html/ Send Your Posts To: wdvltalk@lists.wdvl.com To change subscription settings, add a password or view the web interface: http://intm-dl.sparklist.com/read/?forum=wdvltalk