I am using Mozilla, and I am getting a horizontal scrollbar.
I did look at the code "briefly", and couldn't find what might be causing the problem, but I think the whole page is a mess of code.
There are many inner/outer tables which could be messing up the layout. Have you tried to validate the page?

Sometimes, it's easier for me to just begin from scratch.

hth
Jan

Scott Glasgow wrote:
Thank you, Riva. I was wondering if it was just me. (BTW, I don't get scrollbars either.)

Debra, you need to be a little clearer about what it is you're after. First, there is no "the" table. There are seven in total: one outer container table for everything, one upper table containing two more tables with the horizontal menus, the middle table, also containing a table with the locations menu, and the lower single-cell table with the deja vu/Psychic Reader identity stuff. Also, there are several graphics: the CDM logo, the Psychic Newsreader, the "square rose" at the top, the main content of the center table, and that tan-brown-yellow-green-etc. horizontal rule under the top table (which I'm guessing is the "graphic that divides"), which constrains the outer table minimum width to 708px. What exactly are you trying to line up?

When I drag my right border in until the upper grey background is the same width as the horizontal rule, it's at 708px. If that's what you want to line up, used fixed width for that table instead of percentage and set it at 708px. (Believe me, there's nothing remotely resembling a liquid layout here, so a fixed width on the table isn't going to hurt a thing.) What's happening is that the horizontal rule can constrain the minimum width of the outer table, but not the maximum. As the user's browser window size increases, the grey background used in that area increases as well, becoming wider than the rule. If it's the bottom grey background you're trying to line up, 'tain't happnin', unless you plan to widen that table by adding 50px to the width of the leftmost cell, because it's only 658px. Otherwise, you can align to the left of the top table, as is, or to the right, but that's about it because of the different widths of the elements involved.

I'm really not sure I've hit on what you're after because of the... umm, imprecision with which the problem has been stated. If you could perhaps be a little more exact in describing your desired goal, and a great deal more precise in differentiating the elements of concern, perhaps one of us can help you fix this design. OTOH, you might want to consider scrapping the whole thing and going with standards-compliant CSS. The site is pretty simple, so there's nothing esoteric about the CSS required. Things would be a LOT easier to accomplish that way, and with your straightforward text menus, even they could be done with CSS if you wished. When finished, you would be able to much more easily modify or update the design in the future, or let the user have a choice of several styles for the page (assuming the client concurs, of course). Besides, table layouts are s-o-o nineties, don'tcha know? ;-)

All kidding aside, tables should be used for--tada!--tabular output. They have no place in current design as a layout method. Give it a thought...

Cheers,
Scott