----- Original Message -----
Subject: Re: [wdvltalk] Pop Up Windows

> I am noticing that each time I get an update for IE, through my
windows
> updates, things change with IE. It never put a status bar at the
bottom
> before, and I've been using that script since about 2000, but it
sure
> does now.

I think that's a security feature of some sort - allows the site
visitor to know where they are at by default, instead of the other
way around.

> Things like this happen all the time with IE, and maybe, even
> with Mozilla, Firefox, Opera, and other browsers. I never paid
attention
> to changes before, but I guess I'll have to check all browsers from
now on.

Pardon my presumptuousness, but I see all browser developers having a
snit with the marketing dept., less so with open source browser
solutions. The snit involves adhering to RFC, W3C standards and "the
way we've done things", and imho standards are winning out. There's
an awful lot of us with bank accounts using Firefox or some type of
gecko browser instead of M$'s old NCSA Mosaic browser from 1995.

Standardize your javascript and it should work well into the future
too, the sites for the initials mentioned in my previous post are:

http://jeffhowden.com/

http://youngpup.net

http://www.quirksmode.org/

Three of about a dozen of the best in the world, can't get a better
code library than what these guys have, imho of course ;-)

hth!

cheers,

       Mark