Hi Micheal,

Firstly, please use a new message for new topics rather than replying to
another one (it's confusing for people who use threaded mail clients).

> Hey i am sort of new at web design. Can anyone suggest
> some good free web authoring software with help files.
> I an interested in HTML PHP CSS and Database management
> software.

Assuming you're on Windows, Editplus or UltraEdit for your free editor. There
are millions of these, though, so pick one you like and roll with it.

HTML tutorials and help are available all over the web - try w3schools.com for
a start - and if you keep checking your pages at validator.w3.org and googling
any error messages you'll get the hang of things pretty quickly. CSS goes hand
in hand with this, the help is in the same places.

Full specs are of course available at www.w3.org if you need an authoritative
answer to anything.

PHP has its manual available as a Windows help file at
www.php.net/download-docs.php, and you can probably plug that into Editplus or
Ultraedit if you're so inclined.

You don't say which DBMS you're using so can't really suggest anything there.
There isn't room to swing a cat online without hitting an SQL tutorial, though,
so just run a few searches and see what you can find.

If you really want a fully-integrated IDE with all the shiny bits, then be nice
to your bank manager and buy a copy of Visual Studio.NET (get the cut-down Web
Developer Edition if that's enough for you). Dreamweaver is also worth
investigation, but AFAIK it's not quite as handy with the database side of
things.

Cheers
Jon

You are currently subscribed to wdvltalk as: unknown lmsubst tag argument: ''