Top line of the header is
 (SMTPD32-8.00) id ADB1BC00BA; Thu, 16 Feb 2006 12:18:57 +0000

And now I am looking other Yahoo stuff is arriving before it is sent! But the time gaps vary... 15m, 21m, 22m. It might have started yesterday, about 20.00GMT.

Why should the Yahoo clock suddenly be off, and why does OE record the time the mail is received AT Yahoo, rather than at the receiving machine?

Joseph

I have just sent off two emails, within two minutes to lists.

The *first* came back to my (OK, OK) Outlook Express 'Received' column at 12.37 - the correct time and only seconds after I sent it. The *second* at 12.18, some 20 minutes before it left my desk - again the return was within seconds of leaving.

This raises a very strange issue. Even though the one with the strange time is from a Yahoo list, I would have thought the received time is either via the mail server [they were both on the same address] or the desktop.

Any idea how the difference comes about?

Joseph

Joseph Harris
toilet humor about the toilet
http://www.Looperman-is-ready.com