Ann,

I don't have a contract useful to you, but I *would* suggest a clause which prevents the client from calling in another consultant to "work on another part of the site" while you are doing any work. My partner and I just got screwed by a client when we hired on to do some basic db development. The client informed us two weeks into it that he had another consultant doing some "interface" work which would not impact ours. We took our hands off for the duration, no problem, just so we wouldn't have any implementation conflicts. But when the other consultant was done he had put in a bunch of "helpful" code and other site upgrades which completely changed the scope of our work. We tried to work around it but have had to finally wash our hands of the client.

Bruce