Portman wrote:
Hi all,

My boss has a wireless network that worked fine in her old place. In her new place she keeps getting errors. I don't know too much about wireless networks so I thought I would ask here for guidance. The message that I get when I try and access her laptop via Windows Explorer is:

\\Laptop <file://%5C%5CLaptop> is not accessible. You might not have permission to use this network resource. Contact the administrator of this server to find out if you have access permissions. The network path was not found.

She also e-mailed me some other errors that she has been getting:

An error occurred while reconnecting Z: to \\Laptop\c\Documents and Settings\Barbara\My Documents
Microsoft Windows Network: The network name cannot be found.
This connection has not been restored.

An error occurred while reconnecting X: to \\Laptop\c\Documents and Settings\Barbara\My Documents
Microsoft Windows Network: The network name cannot be found.
This connection has not been restored.

Any ideas??

TIA,
Riva

This sounds more like a Windows Issue than a wireless one - The laptop appears to be remapping shares that were on the network previously but have now been removed.

Can the Laptop find the network? If not, do you get any error messages, or is it just the usual (and frankly unhelpful!) windows "Network out of range"?

I'd check the conectivity first, if this doesn't work, check where the mapped drives are pointing too and then make sure that they exist.

HTH

Matt