-----Original Message-----
From: Peter MacGregor

Joseph - one of my sons is IT Manager for a large London Advertising Agency.
(200 users on a network of servers in two London and one Bristol office). I
ordered a new Dell desktop last week that comes with XP Home. He told me to
wipe it off before I do anything - he said it is nothing but trouble and
he's now banned it from any machine owned by the company either in house or
at home - and also has told staff he won't advise on problems on their own
machines on which they are doing business work (they allow this for some
people that can't justify a dedicated home machine and as a "perk" he
supplies technical support to them).

He said there are all sorts of problems with it that MS won't acknowledge
(his company is a corporate MS licensee due to the number they have and also
a corporate customer of Dell, (for all the good that did me!) as they buy
exclusively Dell machines and he's told them he doesn't want it. He's told
me to get XP Professional.

The problem you describe (no AVG message on
emails) is just one of those he mentioned. He says as a result you don't
know whether you are safe or not.

My two penn'orth for what it's worth.