Errr... ever heard of ftp? :-)

What we usually call ftp is a fancy windows front end but underneath it all is a command line utility designed exactly for sending files from one computer to another...

----- Original Message ----- From: "steve miller" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <wdvltalk@lists.wdvl.com>
Sent: Thursday, April 13, 2006 3:36 PM
Subject: [wdvltalk] site backup

Hi all.

Getting requests for things I know nothing about! I think this falls under the category "unix":

A client wants a cron set up to tar a certain directory in her website, and send it to another website on another server for backup. I think I can figure out the tar process, but is it possible to write from one server to another? I'm sure this deals with some kind of secure connection, but can someone advise me on how this could be done?

Thanks,
steve

____ . The WDVL Discussion List from WDVL.COM . ____
To Join wdvltalk, Send An Email To: mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] or use the web interface http://e-newsletters.internet.com/discussionlists.html/