Okay. So I took out the admin entry and reentered the admin nme and password and it worked. Please explain that there is some logic in that....

Joeph :-/

From: "Joseph Harris"
I am trying to test Post Affiliate on the desk top. It is not allowing me to log in as admin.

The important error seems to be this one:
Warning: mysql_connect(): Access denied for user 'admin'@'localhost' (using password: YES) in c:\easyphp1-8\www\user\admin\index.php on line 13
Database CONNECT Error (line 11)

This is lines 12-17 of index.php
// if the user has just tried to log in
 $db_conn = mysql_connect($server, $db_user, $db_pass)
   or die ("Database CONNECT Error (line 11)");
 mysql_select_db($database, $db_conn);
$query = "select * from admin where user='$userid' and pass='$password'";

and this is the connect file
<?
 include "../affconfig.php";
function db_connect()
{
$result = @mysql_pconnect($server, $db_user, $db_pass) or die ("Database CONNECT Error (db_fns line 7)");
  if (!$result)
     return false;
  if ([EMAIL PROTECTED]($database))
     return false;
  return $result;
}
?>

I have not been able to load the files through an ftp program (they are cut and paste), but I have opened all files for reading and writing, but it still won't let me in.

I've checked the various names and this appears to be the cookie file [EMAIL PROTECTED] .

I've tried being on-line and off-line (in case it needed a link to the program site) but still that warning comes up.

I am blank about where to look for the problem. The db is set up and the names are right; I can't see any misspellings.

Any advice welcome.

Joseph

Joseph Harris
toilet humor about the toilet