LOL -- thanks for the enlightenment.  I had no idea that WDVLtalk had such
an illustrious background.

Ann

-----Original Message-----
From: Mark Groen [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Tuesday, September 19, 2006 10:04 AM
To: wdvltalk@lists.wdvl.com
Subject: RE: [wdvltalk] Directories

On Tue, 2006-09-19 at 04:53 -0400, Ann Dietz wrote:
> [...]

Arrr me beauty, tis not I that did the deed, here's a little history
behind wdvl:

The project started as a hotlist on a NASA computer in late 1993, and
was moved to Charm Net in 1994. It became part of The WWW Virtual
Library (originally at CERN) in September 1994. The CyberWeb was
announced in What's New, October 16, 1994 (528 Kbytes). The Stars.com
domain name was granted on December 22nd 1994. The WDVL was founded at
about the same time as the W3C - mid 1994. It's the oldest commercial
web developer resource (supported by ads). It was the web's first
comprehensive web developer resource.

More:
http://www.wdvl.com/WDVL/About.html

cheers,