Quoting Tris <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:

sadly not.. but you're trying, and that rocks!

The id, is the ID field in the DB of the product item, which in this
case, is the voucher..

It did dawn on me that I've got Global varaibles ON..
And that I've got a session name getDelCost elsewhere, which may be
intefering, so when I get home, I'm gonna drastically change my naming
convention..

A suggestion if I may?

PHP by default declares globals as $PREFIX_VARNAME. I try to stick to this when I code, so in your situation, I would probably have a $CART_GETDELCOST and a $getDelCost.

If I'm being really picky, I'll go as far as the following:

if delivery cost is a string:
$strGetDelCost

if its an integer:
$intGetDelCost

if it's global:
$CART_GETDELCOST

that way the code almost comments itself, I know instantly which of my variables are strings, integers, globals, booleans etc.

Another thing I've got into the habit of is creating my own library so that I can put together a site in about ten minutes. The tree looks like this:

/

|-/includes/
|     |
| |- dbConn.lib.php (contains class and functions for database connectivity)
|     |
|     |- format.lib.php (contains the formatting for the site)
|     |
|     |- site.lib.php (acts as a wrapper for the various libraries)
|     |
|     |- config.inc.php (contains all global variables for the site)

|- /images/

|- index.php

That way, I only have to include "site.lib.php" and all the variables etc are automatically setup. If I want to change the entire layout wihtout touching the content, I just update format.lib.php

Just a few ideas for you! :)

Matt
(Example library available on request! )

--
Matthew Macdonald-Wallace
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

You are currently subscribed to wdvltalk as: unknown lmsubst tag argument: ''