On 12/11/06, Portman <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
How do I find out where the SQL server is on a website? I have access to
cpanel, but localhost is not working.

Thanks,
Riva

Usually the sql administrative transparently manages the database
connections. You provide the user name and password and the tool takes
care of the rest so that you never need to know the name of the sql
server. The sql server and webserver should be different.

While I've never used it, it is my understanding that such management
is part of cpanel's functionality. If cpanel is not performing as
expected then maybe a trouble ticket for the isp is in order? Or are
you asking how to manage a db with cpanel?

drew