Hi,

I think my computer is possessed, please I need some input. Short version of what's happened:

External hard drive has been working fine via firewire cable hooked up to old puter and 3 new puters (don't ask - problems w/all of them). Came a point in time I had no desktop computer available so hooked up the laptop to the external but via USB2. Worked fine (slower because it was USB2 vs firewire but still worked).

Now, the external is hooked back up to the desktop via firewire and the computer isn't seeing this K drive - it's like invisible. Have tried both firewire ports, checked all hardware connections, uninstalled and reinstalled the software several times still won't see the K drive. Tried hooking up the USB cable just to see if it would work ... here's where the "possessed" comes in - I plug the USB2 cable into the back of the external - suddenly it sees the drive as Windows Explorer pops open to the K drive! I plug the other end of the USB cable into the computer and it disappears! How the heck can the drive be read when the cable is only plugged into the external and not into the computer and how the heck do I get it to read the K drive via the firewire so I can use the software for backing up and restoring? When I open the software to try this, it doesn't see the drive - can only been seen via Windows Explorer it seems.

Thanks!

:: Deb | PBC Web Design
:: http://www.PBCWebDesign.com