Hi,

Running WinXP and with my usb troubles I just went to the Device Mgr and found what looks to me like duplicate instances regarding drivers.

Here's what I'm seeing:

In IEEE 128.4 compatible printers:

Officejet 6300 (DOT4PRINT)
Officejet 6300 Series (DOT4PRT)

Not quite identical but I only have one Officejet 6300 printer hooked up

Then in IEEE 128.4 devices I have:
Officejet 6300 Series (DOT4)

In Imaging devices I have:

HP Officejet 6300

In Monitors I have 3 instances of "Default Monitor" and 2 instances of "Plug and Play Monitor" and I only have two monitors hooked up.

I have a number of entries in Universal Serial Bus controllers

In Human Interface Devices I have 2 instances of "HID-compliant consumer control device" and
HID-compliant device
Logitech Cordless USB keyboard
Logitech Cordless USB Mouse & Enhanced Keys

My Officejet is also showing up under "Disk drives" ???? as HP Officejet 6310 USB Device and I'm supposed to have one hd in the puter and one external that I can't get the system to recognize.

Does there seem to be a few extra things in this setup or not? I'm thinking I should at the very least have just two entries in the Monitors list. Do I delete all but one of each? If I do, am I going to lose my screen?

Deb • Designer @ Digital Mouse Designs • com

You are currently subscribed to wdvltalk as: unknown lmsubst tag argument: ''