From: "Todd Richards"
No worries! I'm not sure where you are located and what you have available in terms of outlets. In the states, I recently helped my sister purchase an HP laptop from Best Buy with a 200+GB hard drive, Windows Vista (not my favorite) and 2GB of memory. It was right about $849 (before taxes and an extra warranty). I was actually pleased with how well it ran. If you want XP, then you might have to get from Dell or someplace like that, where you
can still order with XP.

Todd

Todd,

That makes the prices look similar across the current exchange rate [depending on parts quality of course]. I had been hearing good things of HP. She will not touch Vista ;-) so Xp it is. There are one or two places tht offer it still beside Dell, though I have bought from them 3 times and think they give good value for the money.

I've found service good too when my monitor went on the blink there was a replacement overnight from Ireland and instant return for the old monitor, so minimal hassle.

I see M$ has cut th price of Vista - I wonder what that says... ;-)

Joseph