-----Original Message-----
From: joseph harris

There is an agreement.   It may not be written, but the courts in
the UK and the US recognise oral contracts.   The question is
what have you, in the way of remembered converstaions setting up
the deal, in the way of letters of emails or memos to back up
your concept of what the agreement is?

Primarily you have the situation of being paid at a time related
to your work and the end of the relevant month.   There has
clearly never been any complaint about your work, which makes any
failure to pay actionable.

Going to law is a tiresome and negative experience.   However,
unless you know these people to be ligitigatious, it is well
worth consulting a solicitor just to know where you stand and
whether you would be able to claim worthwhile damages for breach
of contract - ie not paying on time.

I forget if you are UK or US based but I think there is still an
offer in the UK to consult at a very reasonable fee for a first
halfhour session.   [I remember £5 but I have no idea how long
ago that was ;-)]   It may be a that a letter from a bright
solicitor who clearly hears what you say and understands might be
money well spent.

If they know you mean business they might act quickly for fear of
your doning PR damage by making their behaviour public.   Unless
you certainly own the work not paid for it would not be the best
move to interfere with it now.   Again a good solicitor would
know.   Might be worth contacting the Law Society for a list of
solicitors who do contract law.

Good luck with your efforts.

____ � The WDVL Discussion List from WDVL.COM � ____