Hi list

I'm in over my head a little and running out of time with a job I have on at the moment, so I'm looking for some help with certain aspects of it.

Part of the project is a basic scheduler/calendar system that will allow back-end users to assign courses to the calendar from a list held in a database. The duration of courses can be a set number of days spread out over time, such as once a week, a concurrent block of days (skipping weekends) or a couple of hours in a single day. The same course, however, can be scheduled a number of times.

At this stage there doesn't need to be any facility for capacity or clashing schedules, nor does it need to be styled in anyway - I'll be integrating it into the overall site. I will need though a run-down of how it works and such so I know what's going on - this will be the core of a number of off-shoot systems (such as users booking in on a scheduled course or booking in on allocated studio time) and I can then extend it at a later date.

It doesn't have to be the greatest, slickest piece of coding ever - it just needs to work.

I've looked through many open-source systems and to be honest they're either self-contained apps so I'd have problems integrating it into my project as a whole, or I've gotten lost trying to reverse-engineer them so I can do my own. And to be honest I want to learn from this so I want to have my own system I can develop.

If anybody's interested, drop me a line off-list as soon as possible so we can discuss timescales, money, etc. and I can work you in as part of my schedule.

Cheers all

Ross

____ � The WDVL Discussion List from WDVL.COM � ____
To Join wdvltalk, Send An Email To: