Hello all,

        I am working on an ongoing project, and recently merged all the
different segments of the request into a single variable.  To propogate that
variable,across function calls, and imported modules, I had to pass it as a
variable to each function. As is visible, this is a very redundant, and
unnecessary action.  I recently discovered that I could imbed the variable into
__builtins__, and the variable is accessible throughout the entire request
process.  This seems to work so far when the request is in CGI mode and when
the request is being handled by mod_python.  I was wondering if anyone out
there has dealt with this before, and knows whether or not there is an issue in
using __builtins__ as a way of handling global variables, especially in respect
to the way mod_python handles the use of variables.  I have no desire for the
variable to be overwritten, or redefined in the middle of a request.

                         Sincerely,

                            Timothy Soehnlin

--
I would rather be known as a Christian