At 08:48 AM 9/20/2009 -0400, Etienne Robillard wrote:
Good plan but I'm afraid now only a bunch of elite people on this list
is going to remember all the details on theses "upcoming"
specifications. Why the rush to specify WSGI 3.0 and not focus
mainly on the next one ahead ?

Because having more versions of the spec is a bug, not a feature. How many versions will a server or framework be reasonably expected to support?

Also, note that changing the calling convention ensures that you can't accidentally run an old application with a server that will be sending it different information than it expects. This ensures that we can have clean boundary conditions between spec versions, and can hopefully just have a few, well-tested and battle-hardened converters.