On 2011-01-02 13:31:45 -0800, Guido van Rossum said:
Masklinn, those are pretty strong words (bordering on offensive). I'm sure Alice has a different opinion. Alice, hopefully you can write down your ideas for all to see? Perhaps you have an implementation too? Maybe seeing a concrete proposal will help us all see how big or small of a shoehorn will be needed.

I will be experimenting with a futures-based async implementation in marrow.server.http while writing, as I have been with the draft rewrite so far.

(Just trying to keep this thread from degenerating into a shouting match.)

I missed how his statements could be construed as offensive. :/ I interpreted the multiple "you can't" references to be careless shorthand, not explicitly me, so no harm done.