On 2011-01-10 04:25:40 -0800, Alice Bevan–McGregor said:

Note that this particular rewrite is not complete, nor has it been profiled and optimized; initial benchmarks (using the 'benchmark' example) show a reduction of ~600 RSecs from the 'draft' branch, which is substantial, but hasn't been traced to a particular segment of code or design decision yet.

Ignore that number; I had some runaway processes eating up my CPU. That's what I get for going weeks or months between reboots. ;)

The drop (benchmarking current 'draft' branch and 'generator' branch) is now ~200 RSecs (down from ~3.2 KRsecs). Much more reasonable, and subject to enough stddev across runs to make the difference negligible at best.

*phew*

        - Alice.