then web2py will not be able to manage that database using DAL - you _can_
execute SQL directly using web2py's executesql()  call, but...
If you do not want to change your database, but want to be able to work with
it, if your database server provides "views", you can use this method to
re-name "user_id" to "id" etc. for your application, that is build a custom
view into the existing database.