Just a cursory look at the code shows that web2py will not (yet) work in
Python 3.  It will need to be run through the py2to3 tool and then it
will have to be a separate codebase since some basic operations (like
print formatting) don't work the same way in Python 3.  Basically
saying, the same code will not run in Python2 and Python3 without
modification.  Also, GAE only support Python 2.5.

Most projects (web frameworks) will be dependent on their support
modules moving to Python 3 before they can.  web2py is no exception.

That being said, I'm looking forward to web3py...I have some ideas that
require API-breakage (and thus are not eligible for the current,
production version of web2py).

If you're curious, you can see a good list of changes here:
http://docs.python.org/dev/3.0/whatsnew/3.0.html

-tim

mdipierro wrote:
> Are you in us?
>
> web2py should work with python 3.0 but the database drivers (third
> party) have not yet been ported yet.
>
> Massimo
>
> On Oct 31, 1:01 am, Whadatek <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
>> I bought the book on amazon but will not receive it (they say) until
>> Dec 9!  They also say it won't be shipped until the 14th.  Is there
>> any way I can just buy it from you Massimo? It is $68.35 with shipping
>> from amazon and I can still cancel the order until it is shipped.  I'd
>> be willing to buy a pdf I can print. it just sucks I have to wait over
>> a month to get a book.
>>
>> Also would it be a bad idea to start learning python 3000 to use with
>> web2py?  They say it isn't backward compatible with python 2.x stuff.
>>
>> -Erik
>>
>> On Oct 29, 1:00 pm, mdipierro <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>>

>>> The same company is offering me apdfsolution but there still are a
>>> lot of restrictions about what you can do with it. I am trying to find
>>> out what these restrictions are and what software is required for
>>> download. I cannot say yet it is any better then the current system.
>>> Also I have no control over the cost. I am calling them again
>>> tomorrow. Sorry. I did not expect it to be this complicated.
>>>
>>> Massimo

begin:vcard
fn:Timothy Farrell
n:Farrell;Timothy
org:Statewide General Insurance Agency;IT
adr:;;4501 East 31st Street;Tulsa;OK;74135;US
email;internet:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
title:Computer Guy
tel;work:(918)492-1446
url:www.swgen.com