It seems v.easy to embed the Amy editor in a webpage and save a file -
just done it!

Take the example page, change the form action to a web2py controller
action, hit save and you get 2 vars - code and filename to do what you
will with.  The bundles (defining the type of highlighting etc) for
python and html seem to be present. Currently, the backend (for
collaboration and user registration) uses PHP or Ruby on Rails and
PostgreSQL8+ (according to the Amy site) - looks like an opportunity
to offer port to web2py and database freedom :-)

All the above is from a v.quick look so apologies if any mis-
conceptions.