This week I made some patches for Sphinx, and was introduced to
bitbucket.org that way (where Sphinx is).
I was surprised how fast, and how easy it way (pushing to launchpad is still
touchy - too often I can't get it to authenticate - and sometimes it does
--- feels buggy from somewhere, probably my pc...)

The bitbucket features had several that solved some problems for our Python
3 Patterns & Idioms book project, so just today we moved it from Launchpad
to Bitbucket.... incredibly easy move.

Work on bitbucket is easier, because when I fork (make a branch) it
populates my bitbucket branch, and immediately makes any repository
available as a zip/bz2/gz archive on demand.

For Massimo this means all he has to do is (either):  pull your branch from
bitbucket w/ hg, or grab a zip - either way he can merge, test locally - and
push his desired result to his branch on launchpad.

To make things even easier for him, create an account on launchpad, and
(since it doesn't populate branches - this is convenient) and a branch there
--- just never put anything in that branch.

To ask him to merge, create the merge form on launchpad, and in your
comments put the hyperlink to your bitbucket branch - easy as py!  ;-)

Since someone else is making a mirror on git (this sort of troubles me), I
should put working copies on bitbucket (my new favorite place) --- but, as
Massimo pointed out - it is VERY important to MIRROR - that is, keep it up
to date.

This, then would give others who use mercurial  easy forking (branching)
option.

I'll think about this, because keeping an up-to-date mirror is a task.
 (Anybody want to build a pull/push mirroring pipeline appliance?  That
could be useful).

Regards,
Yarko