When a student clicks on a link they will see what scholarships they
might get based on their current selections.

I can do:

if db.student.rank=='Senior':
   schols.append['Senior 1 schol']

but I have "Senior 1 schol" in a schols database

is the best way to get to that schols database by doing:

allschols=db().select(db.scholarship.ALL)

then how do I access the rows of data in allschols? is the first row
allschols[0] or allschols.fieldname?

I've been working with getting data in forms but not sure how to get
data at the controller level...

thx,

-wj