I am working on an event list, which is based on the following model:

db.define_table('event',
    SQLField('bedrijf', db.bedrijf, notnull=True),
    SQLField('event', length=50, notnull=True),
    SQLField('vandatum', type='date', notnull=True,),
    SQLField('totdatum', type='date', notnull=True),
    SQLField('duur', length=10, notnull=True),
    SQLField('plaatsnaam', length=40, notnull=True),
    SQLField('locatie', length=50),
    SQLField('omschrijving', type='text'),
    SQLField('sleutelwoord', db.sleutelwoord, notnull=True,
ondelete='RESTRICT'),
    SQLField('doelgroep', db.doelgroep, notnull=True,
ondelete='RESTRICT'),
    SQLField('scope', db.scope, notnull=True, ondelete='RESTRICT'),
    migrate='event.table')

In the view, I have got the following form:

<form>
        Type een plaatsnaam:<br />
        <input type="text" name="plaatsnaam" value="" /><br />
        Selecteer een 'van' datum:
        <input type="text" name="vandatum" value="" /><br />
        Selecteer een aantal weken:
        <select name="dagen">
            <option value="14" selected="selected">2 weken</option>
            <option value="28">4 weken</option>
            <option value="56">8 weken</option>
        </select>
        <input type="submit" />
</form>

My first question is: how do I get this field:

<input type="text" name="vandatum" value="" />

to be of type date, so that the web2py_ajax code displays a calendar
when the user enter this field.

My second question is: when I pick a date it is formatted like this:
yyyy-mm-dd, whereas I would like it to be formatted this way: dd-mm-
yyyy. Since this format applies to all dates in my application, I hope
there is a way to set this format in one place.

Furthermore I got the following controller:

def byplace():
    vandatum==request.vars.vandatum
    dagen==request.vars.dagen
    totdatum==vandatum + dagen
    events=db((db.event.plaatsnaam==request.vars.plaatsnaam)&\
    (db.event.vandatum>=vandatum)&(db.event.totdatum<=totdatum)&\
    (db.event.doelgroep==1)&(db.event.scope==1))\
    .select(db.event.id,db.event.event,db.event.vandatum,db.event.duur,
\
    db.event.locatie,orderby=db.event.vandatum)
    return dict(events=events)

My third question is: how do I code the following line

totdatum==vandatum + dagen

where vandatum is the start date of the search, dagen is the number of
days a visitor wants to add to the start date to get the end date of
the search.

I am looking forward to your answers to these questions.

Best regards,

Annet.