before you would insert a query like

    table.field='value' and table.otherfield='othervalue' (SQL)

with the new one would insert

    (db.table.field=='value') & (db.table.otherfield=='othervalue')
(web2py)

The former was vulnerable to SQL injections. The new one is vulnerable
to arbitrary code execution. This in not a major problem since
appadmin access is always restricted to the administrator but, if the
administrator does not know what he is doing and he types db.table.drop
() he would delete his own table.

I like using the web2py notation since the SQL notation is backend
dependent.

The change is ONLY in appadmin

Massimo