@Massimo, thank you

@Wes James, I'm running python 2.5.2. It's doesn't have to do with
that though as I'm working on multiple other web2py projects and I'm
not getting the same issues. I can save settings fine now, it's just
things like models, procedures etc... that won't save. Everything else
like registration, page edit, admin section etc does fine. It's very
strange. (no errors either)