Continuing on the above...: I've reinstalled T3+T2, the behavior is
the same. My t2 object remains alive for the duration of the web2py
process/application -- a complete web2py restart is required to load
my modified t2.py.   Anyway -- I guess I can work around it. Maybe
I'll script the startup/shutdown process...

Cheers,
-Peter