In SQL, a table can only have one primary key.  Web2py insists that
the primary key of every table is 'id' and 'id' alone.
So without a fundamental change-of-mind I don't see how a complex
primary key can be supported in web2py.

That said, SQL supports multiple UNIQUE keys, both single and multi
column.  The PRIMARY key is just a special case of UNIQUE.
I believe that web2py already supports single column unique
constraints.  It is multi-column unique constraints that I want to add
to the DAL
(although they can already be created by native SQL and executesql()).

Requires/validators work as form validation rather than database
configuration but I suppose there is is nothing to stop IS_NOT_IN_DB
statements
being used to create db constraints in addition to specifying a
validator.