Thank You very much for Your suggestions.

But ...

The copy function was not meant as a record copy function - but as a
t2.create function where a record was used as default values in the
form.

Regarding the popup-window.
That is must usefull. But I don't see where the manipulation/edit of a
field on the calling page/form can take place? Can it be done from the
edit-function in the controller or is it a javascript callback
function?

Niels