Regarding the certification subtopic in the 'open source organization
again' thread:

I am very much in favor of certification and look forward to my own. I
would like to help others get certified also. I think that now is not
too soon to begin outlining and discussing the domains and depths of
knowledge which will be tested.

My programming education has been informal and spotty: mostly online
with a dozen or so books over the years, driven by the requirements of
specific projects. It is only recently that I have become confident
enough to "sell" my skill in this area.

What I would like to see, and am willing to contribute to, is a
knowledge-base with everything relevant to being an excellent member.
The persons I hope to train will also be overcoming the hurdle of not
having studied computer science in a formal setting.

Danny