Annet,

I'm not sure multi-column unique constraints will happen soon.  The changes that need to happen to make this happen are deadlocked on design philosophy.

See these threads:
http://groups.google.com/group/web2py/browse_frm/thread/133644f67efdc217/92b2ec48c387965e
http://groups.google.com/group/web2py/browse_frm/thread/ce7d452b0666c34f/f2da4473d7f3e844

In the meantime, Massimo allowed me to patch in the ability to use a different DAL/ORM if you so choose.  Just note that if you do, the admin app can't use non-web2py DAL models.

The API for this is to specify the function to run when the database should be committed or rolled back...like so:

response.custom_commit=lambda: do_commit()
response.custom_rollback=lambda: do_rollback()

This was put in trunk on 12/18 but hasn't made it to a release yet.

Cheers,
  tim

annet wrote:
Massimo,

Indeed, the READMe file isn't very accurate ;-)

When will multi column unique constraint functionality be added to
web2py.

Best regards,

Annet.

--