yes:

    def mywidget(field,value,options):
        id='%s_%s' % (field._tablename,field.name)
        else: raise SyntaxError, "widget cannot determine options"
        opts+=[OPTION(v,_value=k) for k,v in options]
        return SELECT(*opts,**dict(_id=id,_class=field.type,

_name=field.name,value=value,requires=field.requires))

    db.table.field.widget=lambda f,v: mywidget(f,v,IS_IN_DB
(...).options())