My guess would be to use a rule that looks something like:

('/path/to/site/(?P<path>[\w\./_-]+)','/\g<path>')

Basically we want web2py to think that it is working at '/' when in fact
it is working at '/path/to/site/'

Try that.

-tim

richard.ree wrote:
> [...]
>>> The .htaccess file causes this snippet of html to be returned for all
>>> unmodified, it bails with "ImportError: No module named fcgi" even though
>>> the import from gluon.contrib.gateways is successful (I can print it, dir()
>>> it, and so on) 3. I modify dispatch.fcgi to import WSGIServer as "from
>>> gluon.contrib.gateways.fcgi import WSGIServer" - this runs, but then I get
>>> the following:WARNING:root:unable to import dbhash WSGIServer: missing
>>> FastCGI param REQUEST_METHOD required by WSGI! WSGIServer: missing FastCGI
>>> param SERVER_NAME required by WSGI! WSGIServer: missing FastCGI param
>>> SERVER_PORT required by WSGI! WSGIServer: missing FastCGI param
>>> SERVER_PROTOCOL required by WSGI! Status: 303 SEE OTHER Content-Type:
>>> text/html Location: /welcome/default/index Content-Length: 66 You are being
>>> redirected <a href="/welcome/default/index">here</a> <<< I realize I can
>>> ignore the WSGIServer errors, but what about the 303 status? Strange. I
>>> tried google and thedreamhostwiki and forums for answers but no luck.
>>> Thanks for your help. -Rick On Jan 7, 7:57 am, Timothy
>>> Farrell<tfarr...@swgen.com>wrote:I have mine working like this: 1) Extract
>>> web2py to ~/web2py 2) Place the attached dispatch.fcgi in your webroot
>>> (~/www you said) 3) Modify dispatch.fcgi to point to the right directories
>>> in your situation 4) Place the attached htaccess file in your webroot.
>>> (Make sure you rename it to .htaccess ) No need to run web2py, FastCGI
>>> takes care of it.  I've had some trouble with routes with this setup, but
>>> I'm not sure if it's me or the setup.  =) Let me know if that doesn't work
>>> for you.  One thing to note is that you must specify python2.5 (1st line in
>>> dispatch.fcgi) becausedreamhost'sdefault `python` points to python 2.4.4
>>> -tim richard.ree wrote:Anyone running web2py ondreamhost? I folllowed the
>>> instructions athttp://wiki.dreamhost.com/Web2pybut couldn't figure out how
>>> to adapt them to my case. I have a shell account but not a WebID so I have
>>> no access to the control panel. In my home directory, web content is served
>>> from ~/www, which is visible aswww.mydomain.net/myusername. I'd like to set
>>> up web2py such that it's accessible as,
>>> e.g.,www.mydomain.net/myusername/web2py, or better yet, have a specific
>>> web2py application visible aswww.mydomain.net/myusername/myapp. On another
>>> server where I control apache I used ProxyPass directives to do this. Is it
>>> a matter of using the wsgi handler? I can start web2py on
>>> thedreamhostserver and tunnel port 8000 to my local machine - this works -
>>> butwww.mydomain.net:8000does not. Thanks in advance for any suggestions,
>>> -Rick-- Timothy Farrell<tfarr...@swgen.com>Computer Guy Statewide General
>>> Insurance Agency (www.swgen.com) [htaccess< 1K ]RewriteEngine On
>>> RewriteBase / RewriteRule ^dispatch\.fcgi/ - [L] RewriteRule ^(.*)$
>>> dispatch.fcgi/$1 [L] [dispatch.fcgi< 1K ]#!/usr/bin/env python2.5 import os
>>> import sys os.chdir('/home/<username>/web2py')
>>> path=os.path.normpath('/home/<username>/web2py/') if not path in sys.path: