There's no place for a web framework in Python 3 yet because there are
no database drivers (except SQLite) and no win32 support. web2py would
need these.  Most other frameworks use external templating and ORM
solutions which will have to be ported over as well for them to work.
I've been following various projects on their Python 3 status, the basic
thought is: wait until 3.1 and then start working on it.

I'd say web2py would be better served if you would backport this
functionality.

-tim

--
Timothy Farrell <tfarr...@swgen.com>