Hi pals,

Don't know whether this is a web2py problem or a GAE problem, anyway I
still post it here and hope to get some kindly hints.

I started my GAE experience just today. I managed to upload web2py
1.55.2 and its welcome application and later one of my homebrew "no-db-
required" application, all of them work fine. Then I tried to port my
another "serious" application to GAE. The application requires some
initial data (20000+ records, about 500KB total) before it can do some
real job.

In my local developing environment, I can easily setup an SQLite db,
then visit something like "/myapp/default/putDataIntoSQLDB" to trigger
the data initialization without any problem.

But when talking about GAE, I guess there is no way to supply these
data in a predefined storage.db file, probably because GAE doesn't
support file operation, am I correct? In fact, I tried defining
"db=SQLDB('sqlite://storage.db')" in my db.py but it caused an error
in GAE:
  NameError: global name 'sqlite3' is not defined

So I used "db=GQLDB()" instead. Then the applications can start, BUT,
when I visit "/myapp/default/putDataIntoGQLDB", my application ALWAYS
results in "DeadlineExceededError" after about 8 seconds of execution,
during this time only several dozens of records are inserted into
GQLDB. If this is because I called db.mytable.insert(...) for too many
times, may I have some other way to do batch insert()?

By the way, later when I tried to reset the faulty db data, I found
out that there are more than 50% chances that GAE complains:
  Timeout: datastore timeout: operation took too long.
even when I simply invoke:
  db(db.mytable.id>0).delete()

I search the web and found some rumors, such as:
  http://highscalability.com/google-appengine-second-look
But I still can't believe the performance is as bad as what I
mentioned above.

Did I miss something? Do you guys encounter same problem when playing
with GAE? Does your application successfully insert hundreds of
records during one request? Any feedback will be highly appreciated!

Sincerely,
Iceberg