I program for a private school outside Philadelphia. SSO is clearly
becoming an important issue.  I'd also like to get some feedback on
Google and Active Directory authentication.  Our users can login to
our windows domain while on campus and remotely from the cloud. I need
to create session tokens regardless of where our user logs in. While
on campus, I'd like to have our users login/authenticate to the domain
(against Active Directory) and use this authentication to access both
a web2py app and Google apps (mail, calendar) without needing to
authenticate again. I've just started reading through the CAS code and
it looks like the app simply authenticates against the db. Ideally,
I'd like to authenticate against Active Directory or a federated
server for SAML login (Google). I'm sure this is possible with web2py,
I just don't have the background and can't find information that
actually connects the dots. Any guidance is greatly appreciated.

-Michael