I have a test Wiki Controller which now defines a form with the
properties
I can customise, I have a text area which is edited by nicEdit. On
submit
saves contents to my db. and can be dispalayed on another page with
{{=XML(page.body,sanitize=True)}}
while this is OK, when clicking submit, the code clears the textarea
on submit.
If I click submit again it will display the previous saved/displayed
data.
A third iteration of above process and the cleared textarea will be
submitted and
so "erase" the previous data.

I need to stop the code "clearing" the textarea on submit, should be
ok after that,
but how???

here is controller code:

def edit():
                try: thispage=db(db.page.id==request.args[0]).select()[0]
                except: redirect(URL(r=request,f='index'))
                form=FORM(DIV(TEXTAREA(_style="width: 98%;", _name="wikibody1",
_id="wikibody1",_value=XML(thispage.body,sanitize=True))),INPUT
(_type="submit",_value="Save"))
                if form.accepts(request.vars,session):
                        thispage.update_record(body=form.vars.wikibody1)
                        response.flash="form accepted!"
                elif form.errors:
                        response.flash="form is invalid!"
                return dict(form=form,page=thispage)

thanks
chrism
p.s. I do read as much of the documentation to try and solve these
problems, but some of the syntax is still in a "black box" - when I
have time I will learn the underlying code but it would be nice to
just get some stuff working and get some pos' feedback.