Actually if you restore multiple tables using

d={}
db.table1.import_from_csv_file(file1,d)
db.table2.import_from_csv_file(file3,d)

web2py WILL FIX all your references. The new id will not be the same
as the old ones but the references will reflect the new ids.
This is achieved by storing a map between the original id and the new
id in the d={} dictionary. Give it a try.

You can also import_to_csv_field and export_from_csv_file an entire db
(as opposed to an individual table) and the remapping of the ids is
the default behaviour.

Massimo