All,
I am glad to say that my first app on web2py is hosted in GAE, thanks
to ease of programming in web2py. It is my attempt to learn new
concepts (cloud computing, SAAS etc) utilizing my experience (on
helpdesk, service desk). It is hosted at: http://y-a-t-s-y.appspot.com/.
I blogged about it at: http://www.jjude.com/2009/03/08/a-first-shot-at-web2py/.
The code is hosted at: http://code.google.com/p/y-a-t-s-y/source/browse/trunk.

This is my first web2py attempt. So if any of the experts here would
be willing to do a code review, primarily of default.py (http://
code.google.com/p/y-a-t-s-y/source/browse/trunk) & layout.html (http://
code.google.com/p/y-a-t-s-y/source/browse/trunk/applications/init/
views/layout.html), it will help me to improve my coding. Feel free to
comment on other code as well.

Having done this far, I do have few questions. Your answers are
appreciated:
1) Login page shows <admin>, <request> etc buttons. How can I hide
them? Should I have to create a view template? Where should it be in
the directories? Can it be under my application directory?

2) Better yet would be possibility to have login form on the first
page (index.html) along with other static contents. How can that be
done?

3) At logout, control goes back to login page. Can it be routed to
index.html?

I've other questions too. I will throw them as I progress along.

Hopefully I'll be able to contribute to the growth of web2py, even in
a smaller way.

Thanks folks,
Joseph