Yes that is the folder I put in myapp modules (just the "reportlab"
folder): did you try something like

from applications.myapp.modules.reportlab import platypus
or
from applications.myapp.modules.reportlab.platypus import *

I got an error about some non existing submodule (platypus.flowables
for example)

My web2py version is the source version.

carlo