Hi Stefan,
the problem is not in IE but in your hostname. Hostname simply must NOT
contain anything but letters, nubers and '-' character. Anything else is
corretly assumed as malformed url and should not work.

So don't blame IE (even i don't like it neither), but this is not error,
that's correct.

Michal alias Plysak