On Tue, Mar 31, 2009 at 12:35 PM, AchipA <attila.cs...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Talking about future needs... What would you do/how would you display
> in the admin if the columns are to be read-only only for certain
> groups ? For example editors can modify most parameters of an article,
> but only a publisher should be able to change it's status.

 And that is exactly the "kind-of" thing I was talking about....
 unanticipated use cases, and what is the correct abstraction to catch the
cases.

One way to think of this:   appadmin is a special type of group that is on
all permissions.

Each permission/entity pair might have an action associated with it, and the
default action is ... well, what it is now.  (e.g. writeable=False?  forms
do not display;   appadmin forms do...).

What a clean structure for this, what is really needed is not yet clear to
me... but we should keep thinking about it....

What is not