I am just trying to understand the limits of the framework... I just
wonder if it is possible to have some controller functions written
somewhere other than in files in the app/controllers/ folder, yet
still have them be exposed via a file in controllers.

Example:
I have the following file structure:
1. app/controller/lib/sayhi.py <- has code: def sayhi(): return dict
(message="Hello")
2. app/controller/lib/__init__.py <- empty file (maybe don't even have
it there if not necessary to make this work)
3. app/controller/default.py <- has code: def index(): return dict()
and some code to expose sayhi() in app/controllers/lib/sayhi.py
4. app/view/index.html <- has code: <html><body><a href="{{=URL
html>